This was my entry into the recent Beauty Heaven Blogstar competition. It didn’t win me any awards, :-< LOL! :)) But, I did enjoy re-living my relaxing experience as I was working on this post and also the topic is completely different to any of my previous blogs, so all in all I had fun stepping out of my comfort zone and running around naked....(well, not quite, hehe! ;)) but you know what I mean ;) )
As a WAHM rearing two hardheads (rug rats/toddlers), days off are scarce and ‘me’ time is a rare amenity. Last weekend, the youngsters stayed overnight at their grandparents, leaving me home alone with a hunger for some long-awaited pampering. I cooked myself the ‘order of the day’, to tantalise my senses, before serving up a welcoming slice of repose!
Epsom Salts/Baking Soda
1. In the bathroom, create sensual aroma and atmosphere with a calming Scented Candle, transitioning you from tense to tranquil and evoking a serene, peaceful ambiance.
I used: Ecoya Soy Wax Candle Everyday Tin in French Pear.
2. Run a luxury-healing bath, infused with Epsom Salts and Baking Soda to flush toxins and relieve tired, overworked muscles. Assist the detox by adding Aromatherapy Oils. Soak your cares away, stimulating circulation, easing tension and reducing stress for improved well-being.
I used: Nat. Aroma Innerpeace Blend.
3. Bathe your body using an ambrosial Body Wash.
I used: Dove Triple Moisturising Body Wash.
Slough away dead skin cells and restore the smooth factor with a deep cleansing, exfoliating Body Scrub.
A Pumice Stone softens rough areas on your heels and toes.
4. Use a luscious Shampoo and Conditioner to achieve smooth, soft locks, which smell fabulous.
Boost your tresses with a Treatment Mask, promoting moisture, strength and flexibility.
5. Cleanse your face to purify the skin and target individual concerns.
I used: Ultraceuticals Ultra Milk Cleanser.
Implement a complimentary Cleansing Device that enhances your cleanser, prompting a thorough, deep–pore clean and optimal skin health.
6. Apply an embellishing Facial Mask to balance, comfort and repair skin, whilst eliminating impurities. Kick back, chill out and drift away restfully, as it performs its magic.
7. After the indulgent bath, massage a rich, replenishing Body Moisturiser into damp skin, encouraging better absorption, keeping moisture locked in.
I used: ASAP Revitalising Bodymoist.
Treat your feet and soothe your soles with a mint-enriched Foot Lotion that refreshes skin and increases circulation.
I used: Burt’s Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion.
Slipping on Cotton Socks encourages fancy feet, plus keeps them sweet.
8. Complete your regular facial care regime, before nurturing your hands with a succulent, remedial Hand Cream.
Finally, extend the TLC to your kissers, with a slick of nourishing Lip Balm.I used: Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex
Serves - 1
Calories - 0
Ahh, that rest stop left me rejuvenated and blissfully at ease. If life becomes hectic or you’re flirting with stress, remember to call time-out before you burnout. Do you have a special remedy for respite?
All images in this post are generic.