Why a blog?

Somewhere to jot down all things I am passionate about.
My little space to rant, rave and ramble on about this and that.
Most of all, just to share my thoughts with the world!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Revitanail Top Coat


Hi babes  :-h  Well, as per the norm lately, yet even more drama’s have eventuated in my home life!  ~X(   Hmm, it all boils down to the joys of being a mummy, LOL!  :))  This time………(wait for it   :-w   ) my three year old daughter has ended up with a broken collar bone and has been basically bed ridden (or unable to do anything for herself) so, your truly has needed to be at her ‘beck and call’ for the past week and quite frankly it’s starting to send me a little bonkers   b-(  hehe  ;))  Anyway, I’m trying to squeeze in my ‘ME’ time whenever possible, to keep up with my poor, neglected blog and several current beauty trials.  I’m getting there slowly but surely (thanks to the frequent caffeine boosts  ~O)  ), whilst trying to keep my sanity as I go ;) 

This is yet another product sent through to me from Tammerly aka Pink Diva at Spolit, which just so happens to coincide with a couple of my previous blogs featuring Revitanail products.  Having already trialled and reviewed the Revitanail Ridge Filler and the Revitanail Nourishing Oil, I didn’t hesitate to put my hand up and take on the rather enjoyable task (or playtime in the eyes of a beauty addict  :x  ) of test driving the Revitanail Top Coat.  :)  Here are my thoughts, based on the review I submitted here:

A top coat is essential when doing my nails as it forms a hard, transparent protective coating over my nail polish and prevents chipping, flaking, peeling and smudging, prolonging the colour and the durability.  It’s the final step of my manicure after applying a base coat and additional layers of coloured polish to ensure my manicure lasts the distance.  It also completes the presentation, so my nails are enveloped with a rich, glossy shine.  The Revitanail Top Coat boasts the standard Revitanail packaging, which looks classy and of high quality, however, whilst it doesn’t brandish what I would classify as a budget price tag, the cost is reasonable in comparison to a similar product from some of the high end nail care brands.  :)>-

Like the other polishes and nail care products I am familiar with in the Revitanail range, this top coat comes in a 14ml glass bottle with a decent size brush attached to the screw-top lid.  The formula has a thin consistency that makes it easy to apply from base to tip and it prompts a quick drying time without any bubbles or clumpiness.  It is scented with the typical chemical odour I have come to expect from most mainstream nail care products and I have to say it’s not a scent that I am fond of at all.  :-<   Fortunately, the scent does deplete soon after drying,   #:-S   although I must admit I would prefer not to smell it at all, because it often triggers my fragrance sensitivity and induces headaches.  :|  I would advise people to use this product in a well ventilated area to avoid any issues caused by the strong fumes.  *-:)  That aside, the smooth shiny finish looks immaculate and even works a charm on my bare nails, when I want them to adorn a flawless, well-groomed appearance.  It also helps to revamp my manicure, by re-applying the top coat to my nails every second day, I can extend the life of my polish, which normally starts looking tacky after a the first day, because I am so hard on my hands and nails c/o general day to day cleaning tasks around the home.  The top coat shields my nails from general wear and tear exceptionally well, more so than other top coats I have previously tried.  =D>

Other than the unpleasant fragrance  :-&  I am actually happy with the performance and longevity this top coat provides.  :D  It doesn’t seem to dry out my nails, so I suspect the ingredients (though not very kind to my nose) are quite hydrating and better for sensitive nails like mine rather than many commercial nail care products I’ve used that just damage my nail bed, resulting in brittle, peeling nails.  #-o   My nails are actually in great shape at the moment, ever since I have been using the Revitanail range, so two thumbs up from me in that respect, as drying, toxic ingredients have always caused havoc to my nails in the past.  :-/  I find the Revitanail Top Coat leaves my nails feeling stronger and harder, sealing my polish and keeping it looking flawless longer, maintaining the colour intensity and delivering a super smooth, luminous finish that lasts and lasts.  \:D/  The results are clearly evident and I would indeed recommend it to anyone wanting a noticeable difference to their manicure, with a gorgeous, professional looking shine and ultimate protection guaranteeing that the nails remain looking well polished and unmarred for an extended period.  <:-P   I rate it 4 Stars out of 5  (*)  (*)  (*)  (*)  with the overbearing pungency being the only letdown.

Do you use a top coat as an essential step in your nail care routine?  Do you find it makes your manicure last longer or even helps to protect your nails?  :-?  Have you tried any Revitanail products yourself, if so how would you rate your experience with them?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, I appreciate you taking the time to comment, I'm sincerely grateful xxx

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your two cents worth, both good and bad, but anything out of sorts, offensive or unappropriated will have to be scrapped, sorry, just want to keep things clean ;)