Why a blog?

Somewhere to jot down all things I am passionate about.
My little space to rant, rave and ramble on about this and that.
Most of all, just to share my thoughts with the world!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Royal Moroccan Hair Repair Conditioner


Hello, hello!  :-h   :-h   Next I have the partner product of the previous review I posted, which unite together in a team effort to provide the overall end results.  Once again, the Royal Moroccan product was send to me via Tammerly from Spoilt, to trial and review for her fabulous beauty blog.  As I mentioned in my last post, I was keen to experience the benefits of Argan oil hair care, so was thrilled to have the opportunity to check out a new and wonderful brand that I’d not previously heard of.  >:/

The Royal Moroccan Hair Repair Conditioner comes in a 300ml translucent amber plastic bottle with a pump-action dispenser situated on a silver/chrome coloured lid.  It boasts a contrasting pale blue label that includes an attractive silver, yellow and black design.  The pump features an open and close position, but based on experience, I wouldn’t recommend travelling with the bottle as it could possibly leak during transit, d’oh!   #-o   The white conditioner has a thick consistency and a smooth, creamy texture, similar to a moisturiser.  The blend is infused with lots of natural goodness such as Sweet Almond, Calendula and Argan oils that create a fragrant floral, botanical aroma that is also evident in the shampoo.  @};-  The scent is quite strong initially, but it’s not an offensive smell and it gradually dissipates once the hair starts to dry.   I need at least 6 – 8 pumps of conditioner to generously massage through my strands from root to tip, so I gather that the conditioner will run out twice as fast as the shampoo.  It spreads effectively and the gentle formula is soothing and nurturing to my easily aggravated, sensitive scalp and it rinses away completely with water.  Unfortunately it doesn’t do a very good job at detangling my long, straight tresses, so I need to go through with a wide tooth comb, whilst still damp and remove the knots that have formed during the washing process.  :-<

After drying, my locks are super soft, shiny and not at all greasy.  There is no build-up coating my strands, so it doesn’t weigh it down, instead there is a distinctive bounce that enhances the illusion of fuller, thicker hair.  =D>  It doesn’t do much to control the frizzy flyaways, so an additional product is required for achieving sleek, straight strands.  After using this conditioner, along with the shampoo in the same range, for the past couple of weeks, I am noticing a slight improvement in the overall condition of my hair and scalp.  My scalp isn’t dry, flaky or irritable and my over processed tresses are nourished and feeling less fragile with a reduction in brittle, straggly ends and a general healthier-looking appearance.  :D

This conditioner compliments my fine hair, which has long been exposed to DIY hair colours and heat styling for the best part of my life.  I like the hair care qualities of Argan oil that, over time, help to treat and repair my hair.  :)  With the ability to restore life to my neglected mane, adding moisture and strength, as well as boosting elasticity.  The addition of vitamins and proteins protects against environmental assault and ensures all over brilliance and lustre.  ;;)  Some of the more popular brands of Argan oil, like Moroccanoil, are very costly,  :>  however Royal Moroccan is very affordable at a fraction of the price and ideal for consumers who want to experience the benefits but can’t justify such an expense.  ;)  Personally I am satisfied with the short term results of this shampoo/conditioner combination and I will continue its use in the hope of rejuvenating my hair further, which only time will tell.  The Royal Moroccan Hair Repair Conditioner would be suitable for anyone looking to actively repair damage and maintain optimum hair heath, utilising the benefits of Argan oil, minus the expense of over priced alternatives.    >:D<
I rated this conditioner with 4 stars out of 5.  (*)  (*)  (*)  (*)

Does this range sound like something you would be interested in trying?  :-/  Have you experienced any similar products before and if so what are your thoughts?  :-?  Would you be satisfied with a conditioner that does wonders for your hair and scalp but not so much for detangling, or does it need to do both? 


The image in this post is generic.

1 comment:

Would love to hear your two cents worth, both good and bad, but anything out of sorts, offensive or unappropriated will have to be scrapped, sorry, just want to keep things clean ;)