Why a blog?

Somewhere to jot down all things I am passionate about.
My little space to rant, rave and ramble on about this and that.
Most of all, just to share my thoughts with the world!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lime Crime - Uniliner


Hi peeps  :-h  Things have been a little quiet on the review front since Xmas, but things are starting to pick up and by next month I’ll be overloaded with products to test drive and share with you all.  This review is actually one that I thought I had done ages ago, but when you look – no goes!!!  D’Oh!  #-o  So, at finally at long last, here are my thoughts on a liquid eyeliner that was sent to me by Jill at Makeupnet to try and then share my experience.

The Uniliner, comes to us from Lime Crime, a Cruelty Free and mostly Vegan makeup brand, known for it’s adorable packaging and the vivid and unique, stand-out colour variety that features throughout the collection of products.  =D>  The Uniliner is a liquid eyeliner that comes in an array of different and exciting hues, ranging from orange to yellow to silver to blue.  I received a blue shade called Lazuli, inspired by the gemstone Lapis Lazuli, which is an electric blue with purple undertones. :)

The packaging is typical Lime Crime style that is totally whimsical and instantly appealing.  <:-P   The purple cardboard box has printed detailing and is adorned with vines and spider webs, in white and lime green hues.  Inside the box is a compact tube that I initially thought was very small, but in comparison to many other brands on the market it’s probably about average and retails among the same category as numerous other high end brands – not the most expensive out there but not ultra cheap either, but in my opinion it gives plenty of bang for your buck!  #:-S  Attached to the screw-off lid is a small to medium length flexible brush with soft, fine bristles that is comfortable to hold and allows for complete control.  The colour looks kind of sparkly in the tube, but the formula actually has a matte finish and any sparkles don’t show up once applied.  The consistency is slightly runny and there is no noticeable fragrance, but it’s got brilliant colour payoff, so one swipe provides an opaque finish, however it layers well for maximum intensity.  \:D/


The Uniliner glides on with ease and dries fast, without smudging, streaking or flaking.  My lids are oily and I was surprised to find that it stays put all day with only very minimal fading.  But, for even better performance, I tried it using a primer, in this case the Lime Crime Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper (that appears to be no long available, however they do have a new version called Eyeshadow Helper, claimingUp to 24 hours of crease-free wear, works even on the oiliest of eyelids!sounds pretty darn good too  ;) ), which really does boost the vibrancy and staying power.  It works well without an eyelid primer, but using the primer makes it even better.  :D  I was impressed with how long it lasted, considering the eyeliner is not waterproof, yet, it does come off easily with my regular eye makeup remover and a bit of warm water at the end of the day.

Swatch

Overall, I love using this product and the vivid effect that one bold line above my upper lashes can effortlessly deliver.  :x   The Uniliner is ultimate addition to any beauty kit and I would recommend it to those who desire a perfect pop of colour that will undoubtedly attract some serious attention, create a statement and enhance any makeup look.  (*)


Tip –   *-:)  It’s wise to apply each coat lightly, because using to much product increases the drying time.


What do you think, are these the sort of colours you are daring enough to wear?  :-/  What type of eyeliner do you prefer and how are your liquid eyeliner skills?  :-?  Any more tips of suggestions when it comes to coloured liquid liners?



All images in this post are my own.

6 comments:

  1. These sound fabulous. Great review, Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting Michelle, really appreciate it. I love my coloured eyeliners, definitely one of my favourite makeup items and these vibrant shades just rock :-)

      Delete
  2. I can wear Lazuli almost every day. The colour is so magical and intense... <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for eyeliner when I go out somewhere special but keep my eyes free from liner, shadow and mascara when I head to work. Although I like pencil liner, I LOVE gel liner. Not generally a fan of liquid liner as it is not as easy to apply but technology is making that easier with newer formulations and brush tips. Each to their own I think :-)
    Tammerly @spoiltblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each to their own is very true, eyeliner is a personal thing, actually eye makeup in general is personal ;-) I couldn't leave the house without my mascara or eyeliner, but I rarely wear eyeshadow, unless I'm going somewhere special. I think pencil liner is still my preference, because of it's ease of application, liquid still scares me a bit and can end up messy. Gorgeous coloured eyeliners win me over every time though, hehe :-)

      Delete

Would love to hear your two cents worth, both good and bad, but anything out of sorts, offensive or unappropriated will have to be scrapped, sorry, just want to keep things clean ;)