Why a blog?

Somewhere to jot down all things I am passionate about.
My little space to rant, rave and ramble on about this and that.
Most of all, just to share my thoughts with the world!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Journey of Simplicité


Hi there once again peeps,  :-h  If y’all have read some of my existing posts in this blog, you might have of already guessed that taking care of my skin is of the upmost importance to me.  (…guessed?  :-/  Nah, who am I trying to kid? It would be blatantly obvious,  =))  ROFL!)  Therefore, you would understand that just like any other skin care enthusiast, I am devoted to a Serious Skin Care regime that targets my oily skin, whilst focusing on the early signs of ageing; a factor that has become more evident since I reached my mid-thirties.  :-S   The damage to my skin, caused from years of neglect, includes sun damage and is a partially a result of the misuse of skin care products.  :">  The side effects from this maltreatment when I was younger has evidently come back to haunt me, starting to rear its ugly head, the premature ageing symptoms are now more noticeable and it’s beginning to take its toll on my skin.  :(  My regular anti-ageing routine normally boasts an array of the most effective professional skin care treatments I can lay my hands on and often there’s no expense spared.  :-"  I had came to the conclusion that I had to aim high if I wanted products that  truly work and  were able to deliver results that I could see.  I was willing to use whatever it takes in the hope of being able to repair, recharge and restore my skin to achieve, once again, the perfectly youthful-looking complexion.  ;)

A while ago, Robin from Simplicité approached me to test drive several products from their plant-based skin care range.  Prior to coming into contact with Robin, I had only ever heard of Simplicité and knew very little about the brand, so I must admit that at first I was feeling a little dubious. :-?  However, the more I analysed the idea and pondered on my current regime, I surmised that the possibility of taking a natural approach to my skin care, would allow my skin to take a breather  :-  from the highly potent combination of treatments I normally used.  #:-S  Yet, despite my fear of the unknown, I came to conceive that a complete skin care overhaul might actually do my complexion the world of good, without hampering my already developing progress and possibly sustaining an even more encouraging outcome.  :)  I had nothing to loose and everything to gain, so I was determined to give it a workout.  After some initial brand research, I soon learned that I could introduce Simplicité, a natural, plant based, aromatherapy skin care line and still be able to address exactly the same skin concerns that my usual regime focused on.  >:/  I quickly determined that incorporating the appropriate Simplicité treatment products from their comprehensive, natural skin care line up, my skin’s specific needs would be adequately accommodated.  I liked the idea that by using a simple and pure range with the ability to feed my skin with a concentrated blend of essential nutrients and antioxidants, which are integrated with herbs, plants and flowers to establish their uniquely organic formula, Simplicité makes it attainable to procure the overall results I am perpetually striving for.  *-:)

Everything you need to know:

All Simplicité skin care products are free from alcohol, parabens, synthetic or added fragrances, silicones and other ‘questionable’ natural ingredients, often exploited in commercial brands, such as mineral oil.  In fact, the Simplicité line-up flaunts only the highest quality, medicinal grade, plant extracts that rejuvenate your skin and renew your spirit.  Respectfully, Simplicité don’t support animal testing and neither their products nor their ingredients have been tested on animals.  =D>  David Lyons, a leading Australian herbalist and naturopath, is the mastermind of Simplicité.  Along with his wife and co-founder Robin, the determined duo developed Simplicité initially for personal use, then eventually to meet the growing demand for natural-based products in both the Australian and International market.  Comprising of only the freshest herbal extracts, which they prepare and formulate themselves, using the highest quality, hand-selected, organic ingredients.  (*)  With over 25 years of extensive research and customer satisfaction, David and Robin have substantiated that their natural skin care concept is fully results driven.  Ideal for all skin types, even the most sensitive, Simplicité delivers remarkable improvements for those suffering from sun damage, premature ageing, sensitivity and acne prone skins.  As professed on their website “Most skin care products just moisturise ... that’s easy. It's when you enhance your skin's tone, elasticity and smoothness with antioxidants and active herbal principles that you'll look younger, and feel better about your skin.  That’s the Simplicité difference!


Now that you know a little bit more about Simplicité, let me share my journey and personal product experience with you all.



This kit includes a full regime of Simplicité products that cleanse, calm and soothe the complexion, therefore ensuring this rejuvenating package delivers soft, supple skin and encourages a youthful, healthy glow.  Featuring four travel/trial sized products in a handy zippered pouch, this pack is the perfect introduction to the benefits of Simplicité, the convenient travel companion or a superb gift idea. 

Inside the kit you’ll find:

Plant Gel Cleanser (20g) – I enjoy utilising this facial wash as my AM cleanser because it is so invigorating and refreshing, which wakes up my skin and implements a kick-start to the day ahead.  It has a light and creamy texture that works into a gentle foam to leave my skin feeling completely clean and fresh.  It redresses the balance of my skin without stripping it of its natural oils, yet it’s still powerful enough to cleanse thoroughly and remove all dirt, oils, bacteria, surface debris and the most stubborn makeup (if I were wearing it) from my face.

Hydrating Floral Spritz (60ml) – Post cleansing, I lightly spray my skin with this beautiful flower-infused facial spritz and implement it into my skin care regime as a toner.  I then gently press it into my face to help the solution absorb, which leaves my skin soft, hydrated and well balanced without any sticky residue.  It assists my skin’s natural defence system and refines my pores to help keep moisture locked in.  It’s also ideal as an instant ‘pick me up’ anytime I need a revitalising aromatherapy boost to lift my spirits and refresh my skin, promoting an effectual way to cool down during a long, hot day.  I can also vouch that it works a like a charm to set my mineral makeup.

Oil Controlled Day Creme (20g) – This lightweight daily moisturiser is highly nourishing and comfortable without being too rich or greasy on my already oily skin.  The arousing scent is uplifting, whilst the quick-to-dry/absorb formula sparks my face to feel soft and evenly balanced, hydrating any parched areas to create an effortlessly smooth, uniform canvas.  It’s suitable for the warmer months because it’s not at all heavy on my skin and makes a great base to apply my daily makeup.  The natural blend is non-comodogenic so it doesn’t clog my pores; instead it stimulates my senses and adequately provides ample moisture to maintain constant hydration and a shine-free finish throughout the day.

Lemon Night Creme (20g) – I have mentioned this nighttime moisturiser before, in my Moisturising post, because after this trial, it impressed me so much, I wanted to use it on a permanent basis.  It’s definitely become one of my favourite moisturisers and is absolutely the most kosher night cream I have ever had the fortune of using.  :x  With its gorgeous lemon fragrance and creamy butter-like texture, it is a sheer pleasure to use.  This non-greasy cream is deeply nourishing and conditioning, but not too rich or heavy, making it profoundly fitting for my oily skin.  In addition to presenting exceptional hydrating properties, it helps to clarify my skin and reduce the appearance of blotchiness, redness and discolouration.  Over time, my skin has progressively revamped, flourishing less roughness for a softer texture, tighter, more concealed pores and rapidly fading areas of pigmentation.  Oh, and can’t forget to mention, I have also noticed that my visible fine lines have softened considerably.  It has invaluably contributed to my fulfilment of obtaining a clearer, brighter, more youthful-looking complexion. 



This is a cleansing and refining duo, enriched with micro-fine cinnamon particles that enable a fantastic multi-tasking deep-pore cleaning product, expedient for all skin types.  While I normally shy away from physical exfoliators, I found this one super gentle and so effective that I couldn’t resist the urge to continue randomly using it.  I am relieved that it doesn’t exacerbate my sensitive skin either; in fact, it actually proffers a calming relief to red, irritated skin.  With an elevating natural cinnamon fragrance, that lifts my spirits as soon as I get a whiff, it also revives my skin, triggering a boost of radiance when it appears dull and tired.  It has supported a considerable improvement in the reduction of blackheads forming around my nose, by clearing out any build-up of gunk and congestion from deep within my pores.  It sloughs away any dead surface cells; provoking my skin to look alive and feel refreshed, by smoothing the texture so it’s baby soft to touch.  Immediately after using this product, an all over healthy glow is revealed and my complexion appears lucent. 



This was the one product I was most excited to try, because I read claims of it being a “Herbal Alternative to Botox”.  :-O  It boasts a thin, slightly runny consistency with a non-sticky, creamy, gel-like texture (similar to a lotion) that feels cool and soothing as soon as it touches my skin.  Adorning a crisp, fresh scent this treatment indulges an overall exhilarating feeling to my skin, whilst elevating the senses.  Upon application, it instantly plumps my skin prompting the appearance that it’s firmer and bearing more resilience, whilst instigating an all over, natural-looking luminosity.  It is remarkably lightweight and so refreshing that I often use it in place of my daily moisturiser, as it offers generous hydration, without making my oily skin excessively shiny or greasy throughout the day.  I love how it immediately improves my complexion, brightening and evening out the tone, whilst smoothing and softening the texture, especially when my skin appears all stressed or tired.  :x   :x   As long as I’m armed with this amazing treatment product, I can be sure that I will never have to suffer the unsightly consequences when too many late nights start to wreak havoc on my skin , since it’s the best weapon to combat all of those nasty symptoms.  All I need a dose of this miracle moisturiser and my skin transforms, being vibrant, alive and bursting with radiance.  I have also contrived that the longer I use it; I am seeing more permanent changes, as my complexion becomes more refined and brandishes a better overall clarity.  With Simplicite Results Lift Gel on my team, I am confident I will never need to resort to the ‘toxic’ botox option.  :-O   I don’t know about you guys, but I’ll stick with this safe, natural substitute, thank you very much!  Plus, my skin adores the endless benefits and it makes a perfect featherweight treatment moisturiser that doesn’t suffocate my skin come summertime.  ;;)

My Final Verdict:

I ended up pleasantly surprised with the general condition of my skin after committing to this au natural, Simplicité skin care routine, undividedly, for two months straight.  ;)  I freaked out at first  :-O  as my skin went through an initial ‘detox’ period, where it did all sorts of weird things, like constantly breaking out and producing even more oil.  ~X(   However, I realised that it’s normal when changing your skin care routine for it to expel all those nasty toxins as it adjusts to the new products. #:-S  I was patient during this time :-w  persisting diligently with the individual Simplicité programme that Robin had personally recommended for me, then after several weeks of battling along, all of a sudden, my skin progressed to a greater new level.  YAY!  <:-P  It totally cleared up and was blossoming with a newfound radiance, proving to me that natural skin care solutions absolutely do work!  As I mentioned, before I tried this range I was sceptical that I wouldn’t be able to achieve the same level of results using a natural range that I always get with my professional skin care treatments.  :-S  Now, I can honestly say that upon concluding this trial, I don’t think my skin has ever looked better!  :D  Simplicité exceeded my expectations, allowing me to accomplish a clearer, more luminous complexion and optimum skin health.  I wouldn’t hesitate in using Simplicité again, as a natural skin care alternative further and because I was so influenced by the vast improvements I successfully acquired, I was spurred to stick with a few of these products, which I use on a regular basis as a crucial part of my skin care regime.  Simplicité allows me to maintain the fountain of youth by repairing existing damage, nurturing my skin and protecting it from external aggressors, all using a simple, holistic approach.  I dare say it allows me to stand ten foot tall and bullet proof because I’m ultra proud to be sporting the reputable ‘Simplicite Glow.’  \:D/


Have you tried anything from the Simplicité range?  Have you found natural skin care products to be equally effective as their commercial-style cousins?  What natural, organic or plant based brands have you tried and liked best?


All images in this post are generic (sorry folks, my download speed ended up getting capped this month from my internet provider and adding my own images at snail pace wasn't an option, lol)  :p

2 comments:

  1. Do you still use the simplicite lemon night creme? I've been through 2 lots already. I just bought the trial pack for oily/combo skin as I'm thinking of totally re-hauling my skin care routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm seems like lots of my comments have disappeared for some reason :-( I clearly remember responding to this question ages ago, but yet I can't find the comment anywhere???? Anyway, so sorry for appearing so ignorant....... but, YES I still still have this night cream, it's fabulous! Because my skin care routine is ever evolving, I don't use this every night, however I still use it generally every other night and it never disappoints. It's one of the only night creams I can use that doesn't leave me a greasy mess when I wake up in the morning and it's particularly nice during summer because it's so cooling and fresh on my skin :-) I was so happy with my skin after using the complete Simplicite regime, but it took a number of weeks before my skin adjusted to the overhaul and then it was all uphill from there :-)

      Delete

Would love to hear your two cents worth, both good and bad, but anything out of sorts, offensive or unappropriated will have to be scrapped, sorry, just want to keep things clean ;)