Why a blog?

Somewhere to jot down all things I am passionate about.
My little space to rant, rave and ramble on about this and that.
Most of all, just to share my thoughts with the world!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Check it out! – Straight from Santa’s Sack


Hey there guys, :-h  Happy New Year to you all!  <:-P
Well now that the 2011 seasonal festivities are done and dusted, we’re moving right along into 2012 and with that I’ve brought along a ‘show and tell’ of all the new ‘beauty booty’ that dear old Santa generously emptied from his fully loaded sack and left under the Christmas tree with MY name on it.  \:D/


The whole kit and kaboodle


Napoleon Perdis Makeup Cosmetics Bag

This cute little NP Makeup Bag is white with chocolate trimmings and features a zip top opening.  It’s approximately 22cm(L) x 12cm(W)x 15cm(H) and made of 100% polyester.  I have swags of these but never still never seem to have enough, lol!  :))  ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS room for one more!

Expanded Makeup Bag
Flat Makeup Bag



This limited edition palette boasts a compilation of delightfully festive shades that bestow lots of joy and a cheerful Christmas-y spirit.  Consisting of four highly pigmented eyeshadows, four complimentary powder blushes and four nourishing lip glosses with a pop of colour, this is the perfect ‘all-you-need’ makeup kit on the go.  


Desk to Dusk & Double Agent Palettes



At first, I thought this was blush, oops!  :">  umm, well it’s the rouge part that gets me every time, I always though rouge was a cosmetic used to colour the cheeks and emphasise the cheekbones, but I’ve actually spotted numerous lippies with rouge in the title as well…..confusing much!  :-/   For the record, rouge is actually French for the colour red, so in this case we are talking red lippies. 

I actually have a huge limited edition NP lip palette and it’s impressive so I knew this one wouldn’t disappoint.  What is different about this duo is that it incorporates a smooth, creamy, semi-matte lipstick infused with vitamin E and Carnauba Wax, alongside a unique mattifying lip powder to boost staying power and a pair of application brushes.  This palette, said to be inspired by Old Hollywood film icons, results in a red, velvety, full-bodied pout that will not budge.  I’ve never tried a lip powder before now and I think it’s pretty genius. *-:)  Just loving this whole concept ATM  :x  and would be keen to see it developed with a range of other colours too :)

Desk to Dusk & Double Agent Palettes

.

Well a girl can’t have too many lip glosses and to be honest, I have actually steered clear of buying lip glosses myself over the past 12 months to try and put a dent in the huge collection I had built up, which worked, as I was able to see the bottom of the makeup draw once they had thinned out.  Therefore, this set of 5 luxurious limited edition glosses couldn’t have come at a better time.  They’re formulated with plenty of luscious lip goodies like Green Tea and Pomegranate to nurture your smackers, whilst adorning them with a hint of chic, shiny colour.
.


NP Lip Glosses
While I often have trouble finding a suitable red lipstick, fortunately red lip glosses are always more kind to me and a shade like this, is actually a colour that anyone can wear.  This limited edition gloss has a jelly-like texture, which makes it super comfortable to wear.  Packed with active ingredients and teamed with antioxidants ensures the lips are sufficiently hydrated and consistently protected.  Luckily, it’s not sticky at all, instead, the smooth, easy to glide formula delivers a remarkable shine and the special self-adjusting phantom pigments provide a lightly coloured stain that magically adapts to flatter the individual skin tone.  >-) ;)



This is an unusual limited edition cranberry coloured gloss with a creamy texture that provides a lips with a glamourous wash of colour with a velvety finish.  The best part is the ultra, long-lasting staying power!  This super smooth, statement lip look will stay in place for up to 10 hours!  :-O   Well kind of anyway, hehe  ;))  as the coloured stain definitely will remain on your smackers long after the glossiness wears off.



This is more of a lipstick than a gloss, in the way that it’s a highly pigmented classic red shade, however the weightless formulation ultimately delivers a soft, flexible finish that’s incredibly shiny.  The creamy textured, limited edition gloss is comfortable to wear and never tacky, while the long-lasting colour stays put for up to 6 hours.



NP Set Cosmetic Kit



I am still quite new to NP Set products, even though they have been around for a while now.  I have though, tried a few items in their range of which, keep amazing me, because the good quality cosmetics always deliver in performance and results, especially considering the relatively cheap price tag they bear.  I am a sucker for budget cosmetics when they are reliable and NP Set fits the bill!  ;;)  This little compact makeup kit features a built-in, flip-up mirror, which exposes two shimmery neutral-coloured eyeshadows and a charming blush, along with a mini mascara and nude coloured mini gloss.  Infused with the goodness of vitamins this set has your lips, eyes and face covered to create a naturally beautiful makeup look anytime, anywhere. 

NP Set Cosmetic Kit



This is an old faithful of mine that I regularly use, particularly in summer because it’s ideal underneath makeup.  It’s a multi-tasking trifecta that combines a moisturiser, antioxidant and sunscreen, which boasts five, non-nano, broad-spectrum protection filters that absorb both UVA and UVB rays like a force field, before they can cause any damage.  The skin preserving antioxidants are beneficial in the fight against premature skin ageing and may reduce the risk of certain sun cancers. What’s more, it is water resistant for up to four hours, so I can enjoy water activities, like swimming, without worrying that my skin is exposed.  I have previously provided a complete review of this product in my Sun Protection Staring Oily Skin blog post back in August.  (*)

Daily Essential



I am a huge fan of the cleanser in this range, which like this scrub is formulated with AHA’s for a deep pore clean.  I have been using this reliable cleanser for the past few years on a regular basis, already sharing the experience in my Cleansing post last July.  I oddly enough, have not yet tried this scrub, mostly because I am not a big fan of scrubby exfoliators anyway, thus I basically feel that I am getting the benefits of chemical exfoliation with the cleanser anyway, therefore couldn’t justify needing the additional scrub. 

I imagine that it will provide all of the wonderful advantages of chemical exfoliation, along with some extra oomph enhanced by the exfoliating beads.  I love that ASAP is an Australian professional, yet simple and affordable cosmeceutical skin care range that adopts potent active ingredients that provide super effective, visible results in a gentle, non-irritating formula suitable for all skin types.  I will definitely test drive this exfoliator and will review it at a later stage.  Ideally, this scrub is available in the small 50ml tube as well as it’s larger 250ml counterpart to give consumers the chance to try before they commit to buying the full-sized product.



Body Lotion, Bath/Shower Concentrate, Facial Scrub
I initially first tried this when I received it in conjunction with an order I placed at the Facial Company, who always delight and tempt me with their lavish free samples that always accompany all orders.  I have since purchased a full-size tube as these days I have come a long way from my earlier years where my body and skin care were never recognised in the same sentence and was neglected accordingly.  Now I consider my body skin care just as important as my face and moisturising my damp skin immediately after showering daily is essential for keeping my body in tiptop shape. 

Despite the title, I would definitely classify this moisturiser as a cream rather than a lotion because it’s extremely rich and nourishing with a thick texture.  All the while, as hydrating as it is, the cream absorbs almost instantly with no greasy residue and my skin is left feeling silky smooth and supple in appearance.  It works a charm to replenish dry patches and the results are long lasting.  It’s quite heavily fragranced but it’s a natural, pleasant scent that tantalises the senses and doesn’t tend to linger around after application.  It’s definitely a work-horse, which makes it an ideal moisturiser for year round body skin care. 



I am yet to try this bath and shower treat, but one whiff of the aroma from the bottle and I am already sold, hehe!  . ;))   I am a sucker for yummy smelling bath and shower products and this is right up there with the best of them.  :x  This would be ideal to use first thing in the morning to lift the spirits and provide an instant 'pick-me-up' with it’s invigorating, enlivening oriental fragrance.  On the same token it would also be perfect after a long, tiring day when you want to kick back in the bath to relax and unwind. It is a gel-based formula enriched with essential oils and features another special quality, which is it’s ability to help tone and firm the body skin.  Sounds perfect to me, I will keep you posted on my thoughts after I give it a good work out ;) 





I first purchased a tin of this spray a few years ago and it is without a doubt my favourite facial mist of all time.  :x  I personally love how Esthederm has zoned in on the concept that our skin needs to have sufficient water or it will become dehydrated, feel tighter, loose elasticity and generally age faster. Their Cellular Water is the first and only replica of our very own skin's water, which is ferried deep into the layers of our skin to maintain hydration, which helps delay the ageing process.

This particular spray has an aerosol delivery system that provides just the right amount of fine mist to refresh my face anytime, anywhere.  I keep this in my handbag to freshen up constantly whenever my skin is feeling dull or dry, especially in summertime.  It saves my face from suffering dehydration caused from being in and out of air-conditioning along with our naturally drying humid climate.  The spray itself is extremely lightweight and airy but also highly effective. It disappears instantly into my skin and leaves no remnants at all; instead, my skin is just very refreshed and fully energised. =D>

Water Spray, AOX, Power Rich
I also suffer from skin sensitivity and often reach straight for this spray to provide instant soothing relief from irritation or inflammation.  Packed full of minerals that are also good for our skin this spray is beneficial to restore pH balance and protect against external pollutions and free radical damage.  Another use for this wonderful multi-tasking spray is that it is perfect to set my mineral makeup.  Because I have oily skin, I find using it as a setting spray keeps my makeup in place for longer and helps to keep my skin matte throughout the day.  Oh and it has even more purposes too!  Its really handy to use as a toner when I am in a hurry and need to get through my usual skin care steps faster than normal or on those days when my skin is oilier than normal it hydrates my skin without needing to apply a cream or lotion into the mix.  :D

This facial mist has become a staple in my skin care ritual pretty much all year around, but with summer bearing down on us I am needing (and wanting of course) to use it more than ever.  I can always be sure it will leave my skin hydrated, provides a boost of much needed moisture whenever the need arises. Over time, with continued use, it could also help me fight off those early signs of ageing to keep my skin looking younger for longer. Until then however, I am more than satisfied with its immediate results and promise to anyone that it will surely keep your skin feeling enriched and alive throughout our long, hot Australian summer conditions.  :D



I have personally tried a ridiculously large array of Dermalogica products, although due to the expensive $305 RRP price tag that embellishes this skin treatment, I have never even considered using it myself.  :-O  Although, like everything in the Dermalogica professional skin care range, I expect this product to be highly effective with a potent blend of active ingredients, vitamins and botanicals to assist in complete skin renewal.  I’m confident that with frequent use it will proclaim a positive advancement in the repair and improved overall condition of damaged, prematurely aged skin that over time will lead to optimal skin health and eventually promote a more youthful appearance.

This deluxe sample offer is actually very generous from Dermalogica, considering the retail cost is for 50ml worth of product, a sample of this size is valued at an unbelievable $61  $-)  I have always wanted to try this product and am thrilled to finally have the chance.  I will review my experience and share it with you all further down the track.  Even f it exceeds my expectations, I doubt I will be in the market to invest in such a high-end, luxury anti-ageing skin care treatment any time soon, but I am sure I will feel a million bucks just trying it ;)


Payot AOX  (4 ml Sample)

Speaking of expensive luxury skin performers, this product exclusively from leading French skin care company Payot, tops the previous product with a steep $362.50 price tag for a mere 50 ml product.  :-O  :-O  Price tag aside, this advanced, highly concentrated anti-ageing product boasts completely different ingredients than other comparable costly skin care treatments; however, at the end of the day it targets the same concerns and advocates itself as a super cream/serum that is the ultimate in anti-ageing care.  While I can’t expect to discover anything miraculous with a small 4ml sample, I’m still going to indulge in a bit of extravagance to see what it feels like to use something so lavish it’s more than likely fit for a King or Queen.   



I already have this in a full-size version that I received from Burt’s Bees Australia as part of their Radiance Trial Team last year.  Here is my review of this night cream from that range.  This night cream features the signature sweet and fruity fragrance that is typical throughout this entire range. I am not fond of the scent unfortunately and it seems to be noticeably prominent in this night cream when I first apply it to my face.  While I am not impressed with the scent, I have continued using this night cream as I wanted to fully experience the benefits of all the botanical ingredients, along with vitamins, minerals and the hero ingredient in the range, royal jelly, to see if it would make my skin more radiant, as per its claims.

The night cream comes in a large sized glass pot/tub and the cream itself is a thick, buter-like, creamy consistency, that is ultra rich and fairly heavy in texture on my oily skin.  I don’t mind using products that are a bit richer or take longer to soak into my skin at night, as it doesn’t matter if my skin looks a bit shiny when I am sleeping.  As long as it is benefiting from the goodness of the ingredients, I can live with the nighttime shine.  The cream feels super soothing and cooling on my skin, as it nourishes my face and neck, allowing the powerful ingredients to penetrate within and get to work during the night shift. Keep in mind, all this is happening while I am catching up on my much needed Zzz’s.   I-)  When I wake in the morning, I can still feel the cream coating my face, which is a slight bit oily but thankfully nothing extreme.  #:-S  I can instantly recognise that the texture is so much softer and smoother, while my skin tone looks more even, with none of the usual evident signs of flushing and redness I tend to experience occasionally.  Any of the excess residue from the night cream washes straight off with my morning cleanse, so it isn’t cause for concern. #:-S

Other than the overbearing scent, this fades out eventually, this night crème targets my skin concerns head on. After just a few weeks, I could notice my skin becoming plumper and firmer, which helps disguise any fine lines, leaving my skin with a natural, youthful glow.  My skin tone has improved heaps, that being the most obvious change noticeable to my naked eye, as well as the decrease of excess oil production, resulting in less congestion and fewer breakouts. My complexion looks rejuvenated and is surprisingly brighter, healthier and more youthful.  It’s such a fantastic range that totally exceeded my expectations and if it weren’t for the funny smell it could have possibly won a permanent home in my skin care ritual.  An unscented version would be excellent!!!  ;)


Hand Cream, Bath Crystals, Night Cream



I have tried this Hand Cream in a sample before and like all Burt’s Bees hand cream’s I can’t rave about them enough.  I like the fact that it is actually more of a thick, waxy balm than a cream, which envelopes my hands in a protective shield that completely nourishes and cares for my particularly dry, overworked hands as it attempts to soften and rejuvenate the neglected skin, repairing damaged cuticles.  Because it’s so rich and on the heavy side, this is probably the most hydrating hand cream I have ever used and helps make for silky soft skin with a younger-looking appearance.   

Whilst I do love everything about this ‘super balm’ it is still actually my least favourite of the Burt’s Bees hand creams!  #-o   because I am sensitive to certain fragrances and I’m not overly fussed on the somewhat fake perfume scent this strongly concedes.  Some of the other versions are far more delectable, whereas this one is so strongly scented; it smells like a sickly sweet aniseed that is quite artificial, instead of natural, as it should be.  I also don’t find any resemblance to almonds in the aroma, if it did I wouldn’t mind it at all, but this is just not it at all!!!  /:) Overall though, I would only deduct one point for the overbearing smell, the rest of the product, I dare say is near perfect and exactly what I look for in a hand cream     

 

I’ve not seen or tried this one before now, but I am positive it will be very well received and I can’t wait to get the bathroom to myself so I can create my own little pampering retreat.  There is nothing better than a soak in the tub with some bath salts to help detox and tone the skin, relieve sore, tired muscles, .promote a restful sleep and reduce stress, while leaving your skin silky soft and incredibly smooth. The addition of essential oils such as eucalyptus and lemon are extremely invigorating and refreshing for the skin.  These salts will be so beneficial for those times when I need to melt all those cares away, ahh  >:D<   pure relaxation.  I’ll get around to reviewing this product in full further down the track after I get the chance to check it out for myself  ;)


I was very lucky wouldn’t you say?  This lot will keep me going for months, not to mention, some of the products have come in handy for those mind blocks when I can’t think of a topic to blog about, lol!  :))  There is going to be a few reviews to write up, but the best part will absolutely be the test drive B-)  Can’t wait, now that I have shown you all everything I got, it’s time to PLAY!!!   Did you get any beauty or personal care related items for Christmas?  If so, then fill us in!  If not, what did you get instead?


All images featured in this post are of my own, sorry about the quality these were taken on my phone rather than my camera and while they are not too bad, I need lots of work at improving my rusty photography skills, haha :D

2 comments:

  1. Melmeko you have been spoiled! :D
    I recently tried the ASAP Daily Exfoliating Facial Scrub and fell in love with it as I love exfoliators with very fine beads. It leaves my face feeling so smooth yet being very gentle on the skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting, really appreciate it :) I adore ASAP products because they are so effective, yet gentle and extremely affordable in comparison to similar products from other brands :)

      Delete

Would love to hear your two cents worth, both good and bad, but anything out of sorts, offensive or unappropriated will have to be scrapped, sorry, just want to keep things clean ;)